The Tourist Police Wing of J&K Police in its compact form came into being in the year 1982 when the Registration of J&K Tourist Trade Act was amended. Since then, the wing is helping the Tourism Department for providing the secure & safe environment to the Tourists. The Wing is headed by an officer of the rank of Superintendent of Police, whose office is functioning as Police Station for the purposes of Registration of Tourist Trade Act under SRO 262 dated 16.04.1987. The Superintendent of Police has also been declared as Prescribed Authority under SRO 327 of 2006 by the Tourism Department whereunder the office of Superintendent of Police Enforcement has the powers of compounding the specified offences and has been delegated the powers of a Magistrate under J&K Registration of Tourist Trade Act-1978. The Police Station is run through SHO of the rank of Inspector of J&K Police having jurisdiction all over the J&K state. Apart from Police Station at TRC Srinagar, following Tourist Police Posts has been established at major tourist destinations, headed by Officers of the rank of S.Is/A.S.Is:-
1. Tourist Police Post Gulmarg
2. Tourist Police Post Sonamarg
3. Tourist Police Post Pahalgam
4. Tourist Police Post, Banihal
5. Tourist Police Post Patnitop
6. Tourist Police Post Railway Stn Jammu
7. Tourist Police Post, Katra
8. Tourist Police Post Mansar
1. To assist Tourists wherever and whenever they need.
2. To respond promptly to the problems or complaints of Tourists.
3. To provide Tourism related information.
4. To create safety environment mainly in Tourist areas
5. To enforce J&K Registration of Tourist Trade Act-1978.
Name & Designation
Address & Telephone Numbers
Sr. Superintendent of Police, Enforcement